I have two gifted (not PG) sons who are in middle school and are competitive athletes. They are both asking to be homeschooled so that they can study advanced material, in a more efficient manner. My older son hit the wall when he was cutting out felt clothes for his medieval paper doll at 10:30 p.m. after traveling two hours to his sports practice. He is reading Burton Raffel's translation of Beowulf, but his English teacher suggested he read an "easier" version so that he could meet his 400 page/month reading rubric quota. My younger son is doing math 3 grade levels above his actual grade, but his teacher won't let him advance because he lacks "attention to detail" on tests when he skips problems by accident. We are definitely frustrated.

Both sons have been accepted into a public charter for homeschoolers that grants a stipend each semester so parents can select appropriate educational materials. I have to choose a curriculum by Thursday. Our designated "Educational Facilitator" is not going to be any help. My husband and I have secondary teaching credentials so we aren't overly concerned about the EF. This homeschool program is extremely impacted because it does offer a lot of choices, so I don't want to give up our placement. I've done many, many hours of research, but does anyone have suggestions for an NCAA approved curriculum? My older son needs high school (AP) level work. I'm considering Connections Academy because it meets my criteria, but I'm concerned about needless busy work. We live in California so UC eligibility is also a factor.

I appreciate your suggestions. This is the most informative forum I've found on the internet for gifted/homeschool topics.