It's been an interesting year in Spanish Immersion 1/2 day K. Since DS6 is our one and only it has taken us a while to figure out the public school system and navigate our way through immersion. Looking back, my kid did not receive the academics he needed this year and his teacher was clueless and unsupportive. I just found out she is leaving the district. I am sort of seething for a variety of reasons, including mismanagement of a few kids in his class that have serious behavioral problems that are not good for the class (lots of bullying) and not good for the kids who are bullying who also need help, but are not getting it. I have written two emails so far and deleted them. wink It was very cathartic but I would like to send an email to this teacher explaining to her all of the ways she did not help my son this year with a list of resources (books, websites, Davidson articles) so she is more educated when she teaches again. I would also like to cc the Principal of the email. We are leaving the school and moving to another one in the same district. I don't want to burn any bridges, but there has been too much misunderstanding with a teacher who has, quite literally, no clue what to do with gifted kids. She actually told me at our last conference, after testing, that our son only chooses one boy to play with for choice time so she makes him play with other children to "mix it up" and that in her words, "In the real world kids have to learn to work with everyone." It's kindergarten. That one boy is the closest kid to a peer for my son. She does not get it. Okay, my rant is done. Any thoughts if I should send an email and how careful should I be in wording? My hope is that it might plant a seed, at least with the Principal, to keep a closer eye out for kids like my son. To listen to parents more. I told his teacher what books he was reading to himself and what types of projects he was working on at home before school began. I don't think she believed me. If we went on her recommendations my son would still be at the same school in immersion not moving forward.