My DS10, who is currently in 5th grade doing 6th grade math, will be taking a placement test to take Algebra 1 in the fall. At our school that means he would "running out" of math after his sophomore year of taking AP Calculus (AB?). When the school brings this up as a reason not to teach him at his level now, what can I tell him are some options for his last two years of school? We are at a tiny school and he will be the only kid in his grade who is even accelerated at all, We live in a small town with only a community college and the nearest college and university are an hour away. The public schools around here offer nothing higher than Calculus AB. Are there homeschool options or online options at that level that might work? I know of other students who have partially homeschooled at our school and received credit, so I don't think there would be a problem with them accepting out-of-school math options if necessary. Anyone ever done college courses via distance learning or will I likely have to drive him to a college? Just trying to get my ducks in order. TIA.

She thought she could, so she did.