Hello Everyone!

I posted before actually (finding this) introducing myself. I LOVE the open and honest conversations on this board, as well as the variety of topics people are writing/talking about. Havent found anything like it yet, so Thanks to all of you.

I am mom to DS 10.5, HG. We had the WISC4 done by school, and despite ceiling on 3 subtests, very superior on 2 and superior on 1, average of scores "labeled" him at MG or 130 IQ. Go figure?????? I dont understand and the school personnel had difficulty explaining - needless to say I dont really base a lot on numbers or scores since that experience - I know DS10 is different and amazing, beautiful, quirky, funny, etc. you get me. Also mom to DS7, who is polar opposite from DS10, yet, has his own unique, amazing, gifted characteristics as well. I requested DS7 get tested in K and 1st grade, and although his score increased each yr it is not the magic "130" the state of FL uses for "qualifying".

Ive learned more in the past 4/5 yrs doing intensive research and reading books and even recognized that hey, maybe that coulda been me, a lifetime ago, if anybody was there to care or notice - but cest' la vie. I appreciate the opportunity to be here, to vent, discuss, share, and connect with other moms & dads. I look forward to all I can learn from each of you and hope that I can share something that may help you as well.

~~