Yesterday I got a call from my son's High School counselor yesterday right before school got out. Initially I figured it had to do with the parent-teacher meeting we were setting up for his writing challenges. Nope.. she had my son in her office, his Spanish teacher thought something odd was going on with him because he wasn't answering his questions. My son continued not to talk with his counselor. They thought this was odd and had called me, concerned he would be biking home. It was a very hot day yesterday and my guess is they thought it was possible he had heat stoke? But if that was the case, why with the counselor not a school nurse? Lunch is right before this class and most students spend lunch outside. Turns out my son didn't want to be out in the heat, so went to the chess club for the first time instead. wink

Still not sure what to think about this. My son can get in these states where since he has nothing to say, he will say nothing. Last time we had such struggles with his writing, he became very anxious and this was one of the behaviors that seemed to result. This is part of why ASD was considered back in 6th grade. It can be very disconcerting and annoying to other people when he won't respond. This Spanish teacher is new for him this semester and it's become clear he doesn't really like this teacher very much. After he came home I talked to him about the importance of saying something even if it's a verbal "I don't know" in these kinds of situations.

I am wondering what was going through the Spanish teacher mind? Looks like yet another thing to discuss in two weeks.

Last edited by bluemagic; 05/02/14 09:48 AM.