Originally Posted by KJP
Thank you for all the suggestions. This "being different" was more related to how he sees the world than his LDs specifically but since they are all a part of him perhaps it is related.

He was tearfully explaining how no one is interested in what he finds interesting. Keep in mind, this is the kid who wanted to leave the nice picture in the trash for the janitor and the one with the soulful moon art in the art thread. He is just not normal. He sees things differently.

He told me about being at recess and his classmates asking him to come play. He was in the little garden watching a beetle. He said, "No one notices these things or if they do it is to scream and run away or step on it and laugh. No one stops and says 'Wow! This is a living thing. What is it? Is it an adult? Where is it in its life cycle? What does it eat? Where does it live? Why is it here? What is it doing?' No one asks. No one wonders. No one cares. The teachers don't care. They just want it to stay outside. I am the only one interested in this stuff. Why is it that I am the only one?"

Awww I love this kid! My child would appreciate this smile