DD was tested at 4.5 because we were thinking of applying for entrance for her into a private gifted school. (We didn't end up doing it because of 2E handling concerns.)

Her scores were used around age 6 as part of a comprehensive special needs evaluation. If she hadn't already had scores, they would've done them then.

She was tested again at age 8 because the school had done a test on her in the fall and produced the world's most bogus IQ score just so they could check off a checky box on a form. On a day when she had a fever. Then tried to use their bogus scores as a reason to not accommodate her. Then wouldn't test her again, even through their scores at a crazy discrepancy. It was really ridiculous and totally par for the course at school. So we had tested privately.

DS is 4.5 and may get tested this summer because he apparently needs some sort of "cognitive testing" to apply for early entrance for Kindergarten. They suggest the SB-IV or a couple other tests I've never heard of. I'm on the fence about whether to just do the SB-IV with the same tester who just tested DD, or go with some test I've never heard of. I dunno, I'm not super excited at the idea of testing a 4.5 year old again.

Last edited by Aufilia; 04/16/14 10:34 PM.