My DS took that test early in first grade as part of his IEP eval and was at 155 for math. My thought on the WJ is that it is somewhat easy for very young kids to do well on the math section if they have advanced computation abilities (like multiplication and division). So if they have some skills that are a few years ahead, they will score very high. But for kids who are just a little bit older, they would have to be way more advanced with math to get scores that high. I think it's just much more unusual for a 6-7 year old to have skills that are a few grade levels ahead than a third or fourth grader (just as an example). My DD also did that test at age 8 and her math grade equivalents were about 4 years ahead but she didn't score nearly as high as DS in terms of the standard score. I think what I am trying to say is that within a year or two other kids may "catch up" to some extent and the 99.99th percentile may turn into the 98th percentile or 96th percentile (in terms of this test before anyone gets mad at me for using that phrase). That said, those are very high scores, they mean something at this point in time, and I am also trying to figure out what to do with my DS because grade level math is too easy for him. He does have a lot of gaps though that the WJ did not pick up, but computerized above level testing DID pick up. For instance, knowing geometry terms, how to measure things, and other "standards" that schools expect kids to know. His teacher is looking at the computerized testing (it shows specifically what standards they need to learn) and teaching him based on that. There was some ridiculous kindergarten thing he didn't know how to do, like measure things with paper clips. So she went back and taught him that in four minutes (she used that exact phrase "it took four minutes" LOL) and then the next day he brought home long division. Then a few days later it was bar graphs. She said there is a purpose to everything that she is sending home and having him do in class.