Hi,
I am posting for the first time. My daughter was tested privately when she was 7 years 8 months as we were a bit worried about some word finding issues but there was nothing notable. She had difficulty learning to read but I trained in Orton-Gillingham and worked with her and she has done well in school - reads and writes above grade level. Her scores at that age resulted in GAI of 90 - or 99th %ile. Verbal Comprehension Index - SS 130 - 98th %ile; PRI - SS 132 - 98th %ile. Her processing speed and working memory were lower (PS SS 100 - 50th %ile; WMI SS 103, 58th %ile) with low scores in coding (SS 7 16th %ile) and digit span (SS 8 - 25th %ile)- At that time we did not move ahead with any gifted placement/designation as she was quite happy where she was. Her older brother has been in a gifted program since grade 3 as he really needed it. She is now in grade 7 and we are looking ahead to high school and there is a wonderful gifted program that I think she would do very well in. We brought in the report and the school said it was too old (it was 4 years ago). They said they would retest which they did and her scores no longer qualify her. They said that testing at age 7 years 8 months is not stable.

They said she was 98th %ile in Verbal Comprehension but only 77th %ile in Perceptual Reasoning. I asked for the sub-test scores - they only gave me the percentiles - and they were definitely significantly lower than when she was tested the first time around.

Block Design Subtest score 11 (63rd %ile) NOW 91st %ile
Matrix Reasoning Subtest Score 16 (98th %ile) NOW 37th %ile
Picture Concepts Subtest score 18 (99.6 %ile) NOW 75th %ile

Do you know any reason why these sub-test scores would drop so much?

Any help would be most appreciated. We have a meeting on Monday to discuss.

Thank you,
Liisa