My DS11's initial application in 2012 to DYS was denied and I plan to resubmit an application based on(10 years old when he took it)his WISC IV results:

Verbal Comprehension (scaled score 17, 19, 17) 146
Perceptual Reasoning (scaled score 15, 13, 19) 135
Working Memory (scaled score 13, 15) 123
Processing Speed (scaled score 11, 14) 115
FSIQ 140

The report does not include a GAI. I calculated this by summing the VC and PR scaled scores for a total of 100 which equated to a GAI of 150 which puts him at 99.9% if I did everything correctly?

The limited reading I did suggests that if the difference between FSIQ and GAI exceeds 7 points then the GAI should be considered? More importantly, I believe his GAI may help him qualify for the DYS so I want to draw attention to it if it does aid him?

Assuming I calculated it correctly, my questions are 1) would my son’s application be stronger with the GAI; 2) if the application would be stronger with the GAI listed is it ok to state the GAI in the application showing the calculation or do I need to request the psychologist to redo the report and state the GAI?

When I initially submitted the application, my son had a qualifying IQ score but it no full report. In lieu of a portfolio, I submitted his final exam on EPGY’s Algebra which I thought demonstrated he was working 4-5 grade levels ahead. By the time I resubmit I plan to have a qualifying SAT score and the full IQ report.

Thanks.