I am curious, what is the importance of having really high academic achievement? I have a child who was evaluated recently (1st grade, 7 yrs old). DD's WISC-IV was gifted range and GAI in the highly gifted range, no sign of learning or processing issues, she seems happy at school and it was her teacher that made the referral (with no prompting from us). She knows everything under the sun about dinosaurs and animals, plays two musical instruments well, is wickedly creative and very artistic and loves to write her own music and build lego creations. These are the things that she does when she is not at school. She does not particularly love to read or do math problems (although has been reading before bed for the last month or so), so she does them when she has to but they do not appear to bring her any joy. Her academic achievement scores were solidly 120's (about 25-30 points less than measured ability)and about two years ahead of where she should be for her age. I guess my question is how often at her age is achievement consistent with ability?