DD8 and DD9 were tested at same place (a top state college) and DH and I were not present in the testing room either time. Both girls were 7 at the time of testing (DD8 was closer to 8, however). Both girls separated from us easily and went with the tester - this was even mentioned in both reports.

With DD9 we tried to do our best to explain to her how things would work, but we weren't sure ourselves. The tester spoke with DD, DH and I in the waiting room for a little bit while DD played with some toys there. The tester asked if she was ready to get started, she gave us hugs, and off she went. With DD8 we were much more prepared since we had already been through it. We were able to explain how she would go into a room with the tester, there would be cameras in the room, etc. I walked part way down the hallway with her (at her request) and then she went the rest of the way on her own.

Our first testing experience with DD9, we naively asked if we could watch the video that was being taken while the testing occurred. We just wanted to see how DD reacted and if she gave silly answers like she was notorious for doing. The grad student working with us said she would ask, but came back with a "sorry, we don't allow that". I know DD9 gave at least one "wrong" answer because she told us about it later. She thought it was funny and that she was being tricky. We had tried to forewarn the tester that she liked to do that, but not sure how much they took that into account.

I'd still love to see both videos - 1. to see if DD9 did give goofy answers with that little smirk she gets 2. see how DD8 answered to score so well - considering we were just hoping for her to make 130 3. to compare the two, just to see the difference in how each girl answered the questions in order to determine the results they each got.