I finally told DS's school that I've had enough, and I withdrew him and transferred him to a different district school. A couple people in upper level admin have been trying to deal with the old school (DD still is stuck there) being so awful and noncompliant, and now transition us over. So there was talk about who DS should have as a teacher, and they put him with someone who has a Master's in special ed. She knew exactly what DCD is and was all over all the neuropsych report and IEP, IEP eval, etc. She asked me how I know his vision is Ok (he had double vision after a brain injury). She told me she really needs more outside reports--as much as I can get. I told her that it will probably be 2" thick and is she sure she wants that and she said she has all weekend to read it. She knew what the WJ test results mean. She said she can figure out what level he is at and give him appropriate work. OMG. She looked at his IEP and didn't look too pleased (as in the services he is getting not being adequate). So I have a feeling she will want the IEP changed.
She saw DS's atrocious handwriting which has gotten much worse since Sept. and said that it will need to be dealt with ASAP.

She did seem kind of know-it-all and a bit bossy but if she does actually know what she's doing, that doesn't bother me.

We have had such a bad experience so far with teachers that it seems almost shocking that someone would actually want to read DS's medical records and figure out how to help him. Fingers crossed that this is going to work out. He started today and was excited about it, and very laid-back.