my older two had a harder time learning to play. dylan is really great at playing - possibly because of the unschooling group we have where the kids aged 3 - 12 all play together. So he hangs with them and does what they do.

When alone with his brothers he joins in their games or reverts to bugging all of us annoyingly when he seems to be seeking something - I can't explain it any more, it's like he is restlessly seeking.

He is much better at working in the garden than the older two even now, and he loves to play outside - much improved ball and sports skills over his brothers. Probably because he spends more time there and has had A LOT less screen time.

I try engage him in everyday activities (chores etc) and he loves these too. We sit and do a bit of maths and reading stuff at least every second day and his little board games etc as well.

So I don't have anything majorly impressive to add, but I can say that he plays more naturally and more easily. Sometimes you need to be creative in finding ways to engage them in play and sometimes you need to allow them enough frustration that they go and find something to do, making their own play things and games.

Mom to 3 gorgeous boys: Aiden (8), Nathan (7) and Dylan (4)