I see this on every list for identifying gifted children. I would like to ask whose gifted kid did NOT ask "why".

I have four children and two ask "why" nonstop, and two never do. They are close in age, so I can sort of study them and compare and contrast (two sets of twins age 6 and 7). The two who ask "why" seem to use extroverted intuition and probe their environment for answers. The two who do not ask "why" appear to have introverted intuition and intuite from their own internal database for solutions to problems.

Example: at age almost 3, twin boy says "why is the sky blue?" He is my twin who asks questions. Frequent and often. His sister says "To contrast with the clouds!" . She had wondered this as well, took the information she had already been given, and came up with an answer.

As these two children progress in school, this has been a problem for both of them. Twin boy never intuits and asks others to give him answers (I turn to him and say "why do you think?" And work out from there), and twin girl daydreams and internalizes problems and comes up with wildly fascinating but completely inaccurate solutions (I ask her often to explain how she came about her answers, and encourage her to investigate her environment).

Twin girl is in the gifted program, her brother is not (I qualified into the gifted program in first grade, my husband who says he processes information the same way as our son entered much later).

I am now seeing this same pattern play out with my younger set of boy twins. I am wondering if anyone else has a gifted child who answers questions internally only and does not vocalize them, or if I am seeing a unique dichotomy associated with twins.