School let out on June 6th. They announced the closing on the 12th. I think the decision was made a few months ago though. My heart just goes out to these poor young teachers left without jobs so late in the year.

The upside is we've researched schools so often that we've talked to most of the porgrams. The struggle is now - which one will do the least harm or if it involves money - which is actually any better of an option than public. The "fancy" school offers lots of programs but not a gifted program. The most "acadmically challenging" lower school private option doesn't see a whole child just a brain with legs. And in public school because we grade skipped of first will seem so young....

We did re-enroll in pre-school and never said a word to them about sending #2 ee to k. so we have that as a back-up but it isn't a great option - at least a better teacher. And sadly methodists don't run schools because i'm not completely open minded about a catholic education before hs. but if there was a super choice i'd consider it but i don't see any of them shinning. the super montessori program that is home to many gt kids you had to sign-up back in november. and i'm a little montessori style shy.

the "fancy" school will ee our k. so maybe for a year. i was just more comfortable about doing it with the dd4 being in the same bldg as #1 with a teacher we knew and had done much planning with to prepare for this.

ugg. am i over thinking this?