Thanks all. I'd checked into the state regulations on entrancing prior to all this so I wasn't surprised to find when this week rolled around to receive a response consistent with strict adherence. While fairly standard, K is optional so 1st grade entrance is based on an age reached of 6 years rather than completion of a kindergarten program. I've found this to be the case everywhere except one school. I'm cautious about a plan that relies on repeating k too, though as each of the programs we're considering are located outside of our hometown, I'm less concerned about some retention aspects than others i.e. he'll be with different children each year most likely; so far he's been moved to different groups at off-cycle times so he doesn't necessarily appreciate that there is a more usual order for grade movement. It's the lack of appropriate intellectually stimulating exploration opportunities I'm more concerned about moving forward, but hopefully the public school will demonstrate more flexibility towards accommodation once he's in the system. DS exhibits emotional maturity, and is physically tall with appropriate fine and gross motor capabilities for a year ahead. He has some sensory sensitivities and gets the "wiggles" sometimes in group. His teachers say they're fairly easily accommodated for by a quick break with a shake and return, but it's one of my considerations for what we're looking for out of next year. I feel like if he goes in early, I won't be able to ask for any accommodation for him without getting a lecture on development and parenting from administration. 'Guess it's time to get on the ball! It's touring morning. Thanks again.