Our family doesn't really observe Christmas, per se, but we do exchange very minor gifts (stocking-stuffer level stuff, really) just to show appreciation for one another.

DD14's favorite of these items was a Doctor Who watch, but she also got a pair of gloves that actually fits her long and very slender hands, new earbuds, the score for Les Mis, and a pocket knife from a friend. I also made her a (stranded) knit hat, which she likes very much, and got her some new sweatpants for walking/running the dog. Stylish rain boots. Electronics textbook. Carbon paper.

This fall/winter she has also enjoyed an entry level classical guitar, a Dremel tool, and a variable temperature soldering iron with a bunch of pyrography tips. Those things would have been Christmas gifts in another kind of household, I suppose. smile She also is getting a competition target .22, which is a pretty big deal... but it's not a horse, so we're ahead of the game with something that can be locked up and doesn't eat. LOL.

She did not seem to much appreciate the spritz cookie press or the cookbook that I got her recently. I'm not sure when she plans to learn to cook, but it's clearly not in the present.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.