Sorry to hear your struggle. But as indigo said, this is really quite common. We are in a highly regarded district, our school's test scores are among the best in the state. And my kids still don't get challenged. My DD8 is doing very well at school just because she is willing to go with the flow and try to have fun no matter what. My DS13 has had a very tough experience at school ever since 2nd grade. He is now in a private school, which is still not what we were hoping for. We do a lot of activities at home. Both kids would tell you that most of their learning happens outside of school. In the first couple of years of DS's schooling I was misguided and really thought that working with teachers and the school was the best. Later on I was completely disillusioned and realized that it's really up to the parents to provide what the kids need. I know a lot of parents who think this way: whether or not a kid is labelled gifted, it's difficult to find accommodation at school for academic levels or learning styles that are way different from the mean. There are definitely success stories. But those seem to be the lucky ones, not something that we can *expect*.