Thanks, everyone - you've brought up some issues I had not even considered.

DD just had to sit through Wechsler-variety testing on a weekend (OK, oddly, she said it was fun), so again with my guilt about more weekend testing wink . I think I could talk her into this, though, and I had not considered the possibility of being older and hitting the ceilings on this test.

If your child took MAP prior, is there a MAP/RIT score that is a good indicator of readiness for this test? I think she'll probably do great on any portion involving reading/comprehension, and probably science (she has been teaching herself various areas of science since she learned to read), but she has not had exposure to accelerated math - math at school has been differentiated for 3rd grade, but not accelerated (that isn't offered until 4th gr). She also doesn't love math (OK, she says she "hates" it right now), so there isn't much "afterschooling" going on in math (and I haven't pushed it because she loves so many other things). I hate to see her walk out of the test completely frustrated because of the math section. Still, I am so curious to see how she'd do on the rest...