Thanks for the bump. smile

I will give an update too.

It is going really well. DS6 likes it. The basic set up is there is a skill introduced, then the skill is applied to nonsense words and then real words. The kid has to show mastery three times on three different days to move on.

So right now we are working on blends. There are lists of words that begin with a blend like "floor" or "swing". The coach/parent says the word and the kid says blend. I say floor, he says "fl". Then it moves on to list blends where I point to "fl" and he tells me the sound. Then he will read words like "flug", then words like "flip" individually and finally in sentences and paragraphs. There is indeed a reason it is called Toe by Toe.

Everything is in list format with a grid next to it mark whether it is mastered or needs more work.

This isn't the only recommendation for DS. He will also be doing an intense summer session at Lindamood Bell and will probably start seeing an Orton Gillingham tutor in first grade. We just wanted something we could do at home right now.

I think Toe by Toe would be good option for people with young kids who are unsure if there is a problem. The publishers say 7 is the starting age but DS is 6 and doing fine with it.