Thanks for the replies.

Space Cadet, it's interesting that you mentioned personality types (I enjoyed the links), because that's actually what got me thinking about this. It seems to be neutral to talk about your child being an extrovert or an introvert, perhaps because there are certain advantages and disadvantages inherent in both types. I began to wonder if it would be easier to discuss gifted and NT if each side perceived the others' strengths. The scenario in my head is at play group or the bus stop and a mom says, "I have an NT learner and it's great because _____."

For strengths of gifted learners, I think about faster pacing (like SAHM said less repetition), absorbing large quantities of information, linking diverse ideas, seeing patterns, intense focus, a good memory, that sort of thing.

I was just wondering if there were other advantages to being an NT learner, such as perhaps (in general) compliance, an adequate fit with traditional school and curriculum, ability to move on, or something like that (I just made these up as examples).

Although perhaps the strengths of both groups are more related to personality or learning styles than being gifted or NT.

22B, you made me laugh. smile