Originally Posted by Gardengirl09
KADmom, we must live in the same district! Attending their scripted meetings make me crazy:-)

Then we all live here. Who knew? wink

In all seriousness, I have no idea WHAT to do, KADmom. Bostonian has given you some really good ideas.

I just fear that the forces driving some of these shifts are about money and numbers, and that we have neither of those things on our side in advocating for GT education.

My DD's school has fired teachers, in spite of (as you noted) not being able to hire them fast enough to even keep up with attrition as it is. They definitely control the message, and heaven help you if you refuse to cooperate or play along. They will retaliate. We've seen it this year in how they've treated my DD's disability accommodations. It's just shy of actionable, and no way do I truly think that is accidental.

I'm just so tired that I can't really think of what to try next. I have tried everything I can think of-- parent advisory boards, application to be "selected" for a parent seat on the board (mysteriously, the current member opted to "stay on" in light of my packet, which they never even acknowledged receiving in the first place)... talking with curriculum and instruction administration, etc. etc. etc.

cry

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.