Are there any success stories or pearls of wisdom from parents on educational options that worked for their PG 2e children? Did most of you eventually homeschool, and what option worked best in the K-5 years?

I know that there are many factors weighing in on the success of the various options and that all of our circumstances are different, but it would greatly help to know a little about the potential road ahead from parents with children similar to DS3.

Some of the factors weighing in for my DS are that he does a tremendous amount of incidental learning, appears gifted in multiple areas, has intense passions, and has high OE’s across the board and delays in motor skills, especially fine, that we’re currently working on with an OT. DS also can be very focused, but he notices everything in his environment thus appearing distractible at times.

I know some people advocate early entrance to K at 4, but I don’t see that as viable option for us next year due to issues related to the 2nd e.

There isn’t any hurry on our part to enter school, and we’re using DS’s desire as our guideline.

I’m thankful for this forum, and I look forward to hearing about your own experiences.

Last edited by EmeraldCity; 12/11/13 11:57 PM.