We just had DD's conference, which was fine. No surprises. The teacher mentioned that she gets frustrated with other children when they don't follow directions or misbehave in class. There are two students in particular that cause a great deal of classroom problems. I have see one of the two yell and scream at the top of his lungs at a teacher for simply being asked to put a toy away that he brought with him in the am. He then started crying and yelling more. This happens frequently and has several trips to the Principal when out of control, according to DD.

So, we talk a lot about ignoring bad behavior and focusing on choices we make.
But, having said that I completely get why she becomes frustrated. Having time taken off of recess for some of the kids being too noisy when going out to recess would make me mad too! DD is a sensitive child. She likes learning and being challenged, maybe too much so.

We've briefly visited with the psychologist that gave her the WISC-IV about this, and she and DD talked about some strategies. I think it's going to be a process. But, part of me wonders how much is classroom management issues teacher is in her 3rd year of teaching.

Has anyone else had to deal with this? DD is in first grade.

Thank you!