HI,

I found this site after researching a lot online and came across the link through another board. Mom of 3, my youngest-DS5 recently finished K and won't be 6 until late June. He'd been pulled out for reading all year and the school suggested testing/skipping right before the end of the year. Based on lots of advice, the tests and recommendation from his school, we approved skipping him up to 2nd.

There is so much I want to discuss and this has kind of been a shock in ways. It feel really awkward talking to anyone we know IRL. It came up once that he was moving up and the other two asked why he just wasn't placed in the high ability group (pull out of class, no gifted classes separately) but he's well past that being a challenge for his grade (school's words) unless they put him in a much higher grade group. Even now, he'll still be pulled out for English & possibly math.

So I guess I wanted to connect with other moms, ask some questions and find out more about the programs available. Thanks!