I am debating on grade-skipping TWO of my kids and would love opinions.

DD1 is moderately gifted but was red-shirted because she was not emotionally ready. She was overwhelmed, miserable and crying the first week so we pulled her out of K. She stared K the next year and turned 6 after being there a week. She can "technically" BE in the next grade (because of her age), but WE made the choice to redshirt her. Now I am regretting it. She doesn't ever rock the boat or cause issues and so she is not creating a problem because she is bored, although she expresses that she is bored in school. While I feel that she could handle a grade skip, if she wasn't already the same age as the level-up, I wouldn't say she necessarily *needs* a grade skip. She's also highly organized and a go-getter (unlike my other kids).

DD2 is only ONE grade level below DD1 and is PG. She definitely *needs* a grade skip and she IS the kid that will rock the boat, cause trouble, make waves and set the class on fire until someone notices that her needs aren't being met. While there is no question in my mind that a grade skip will be good for HER, I feel like if her sister is not grade-skipped, then she should not join her in the same grade. I know each individual kid has individual needs, but I feel like it could harm my older one psychologically to have her sister in her grade. I feel that if DD2 needs the grade skip, DD1 has to do it too.

Is it reasonable for me to advocate for them to both grade-skip? Am I being unrealistic or unfair to either or both kids? How do I convince the school? One at a time? Do schools typically grade skip moderately gifted kids?