Originally Posted by Pi22
Hmmm. I’ve been thinking about the conversion of the Sum of Scaled Scores to the FSIQ (I have nothing better to do while I sit around waiting for trick-or-treaters) and I am very surprised I can’t find this information online. Granted I am a statistician, but it didn’t take me long to figure out how one would statistically calculate an FSIQ from the Sum of Scaled Scores. I would think this calculation would be available online somewhere. Is it really possible for this information to be proprietary?

I also don’t know why a psychologist would keep the FSIQ out of a WISC report. I personally think it should be included, even if the GAI is a better indication of an individual’s giftedness (although this should be mentioned in the report). Do some psychologists refuse to give this information even when it is requested?

I'm pretty sure that most of the people who administer the tests don't know how to do the calculation. The whole test is proprietry so I would guess the tables and the computer calculation programme are included in that. I don't suppose that means the calculation as such is propriety - just the manner of use.