I was disappointed to learn that my son was not given enough subtests to show his qualification for DYS based on achievement testing we have done. I am still considering further testing but have started to think of portfolio items.

I have a page where he sat down and started writing multiplication of 9s up to 9 x 17 in K. He likes to play with algebra now so I may write a few problems up for him to solve.

I also have an "end of 2nd" language arts test that school gave him in K where he outscored their average 2nd grader at 89% correct.

Science is his favorite and he loves studying cells. He has an animal cell model that he likes to explain the parts and function. I might video tape that if I can figure out how to put in the proper format to upload.

Still thinking of what best shows his out of level work at the PG level. It is always hard to conceptualize what age mates do and how out of level things are.

I think his reading abilities and comprehension are truly his strongest skill but that seems harder to demonstrate in portfolio.

All of our work in homeschool since we started a month ago has been at the 3rd grade or above level but little is written with his Dysgraphia and vision challenges.