In my search for information on Processing Speed which was prompted in another thread, I found an article which quoted the "F.A.T. City" video by Richard Lavoie which was put out by PBS some years ago.

I wanted to learn more. Full title is "How difficult can this be? The F.A.T. City Workshop: Understanding Learning Disabilities". It gets rave reviews as MUST SEE material for teachers and parents. (FAT City is for the Frustration, Anxiety, Tension of living with learning disabilities.)

Has anyone here watched this?

Editorial review on Amazon says: This unique program lets viewers experience the frustration, anxiety, and tension faced by children with learning disabilities. Workshop facilitator Richard Lavoie presents a series of striking simulations emulating daily experience of LD children. Teachers, social workers, and parents, workshop participants, reflect upon how the workshop changed their approach to LD children. Includes discussion of mainstreaming discipline and self-concept.

Reviewers say the disabilities simulated are: "experiences dealing with processing problems, memory problems, perceptual differences, motor function problems, reading problems, and behavioral challenges".

Out of 61 reviews all are raves about how life changing it is and there are no negative reviews regarding content. (A small few complain about sound quality.)

Last edited by HappilyMom; 10/11/13 12:01 PM.