We could use a few good ideas on substitute math curriculum. DS7 is in 3rd grade (public no GATE) He has a great teacher and has plenty of enrichment/ independent learning opportunities when he finishes regular classroom work, but math isn't a great fit.

His teacher responded well when we asked her for some differentiation because he was bored and unchallenged with the regular math lessons. She lets him take the unit test before they begin and if he passes w/ 85%-90%, he can do lessons in the 4th grade math book during that unit. GREAT! But- the school uses Envision Math Curriculum and most of the 4th grade lessons are extensions of the same concept. For example, Subtraction w/ three digits to 5+ digits.

I mentioned to her that from experience, when he learns the operations, he seems to understand the concept as a whole. Bigger numbers are more interesting than smaller ones, but still the same concept. I pointed out areas that we have not exposed him to and that might be more challenging but I left it at that.

Any ideas on how to approach a good thing and make it better? Good math curriculum recommendations that I could supply that might work well during that time? We had a Dreambox subscription over the summer- but didn't continue with it once school started. It would need to be something he could do independently.