We're not even trying to go in the "right" order, so take this with a grain of salt, but the geometry we've done so far (and what I remember from my own education) requires only the most minimal of algebraic skills. I mean that it is of the 2x+1 sort that most HG+ kids understand innately, without any real teaching, even from a very young age. DS7 has had no trouble with the algebraic parts of the geometry we've done so far.

Theorems and proofs require logic and problem-solving skills that algebra might help to develop, but I don't think there's any general necessity to have algebra 2 before geometry. I think that's just a personal choice or the choice of the school system.

I freely admit that I could be wrong, however!

Another caveat: I'm sure it is possible to introduce more algebra into geometry, especially in terms of area, circumference, etc. So if your school suggests taking alg 2 before geometry, I think I would respect that unless you have a good reason not to. Better safe than sorry.

Well, I'm pretty sure this meandering post doesn't help you at all. Sorry! frown

Kriston