A big thanks to Howler Karma for convincing me there was such a thing as I ignorantly did not believe there was until I finally found the right place to look.

I have paperwork in hand for the Sp. Ed. Evaluation and Referral and am working to put best responses on paper. My son is only 6 and my information about how his disabilities affect him in the classroom feels lacking. We only found out officially that his several disabilities exist 6 months ago. Much of the diagnostics and information have been learned over the summer, so no professional help implementing and trying things.

I want to share this process here and glean the lovely advice those of you who are further down the road have to provide. I have not read a thread on this so I'm hoping this can help others searching for information see how this option works as well. One of my concerns with homeschooling was loosing the option of the IEP that we were pursuing at our public school. Learning that need not be the case was important in our making our choice to leave the toxicity.

Up next is the questions from my forms....

Last edited by HappilyMom; 09/26/13 06:53 AM. Reason: grammar typo!