Hi Polar, and thanks--

Originally Posted by polarbear
Will your gifted program accept the GAI on the WISC?

I think they'd be much, much happier with a regular IQ score. The state technically requires that they accept the GAI, but it might be contentious. And yes, it would help a *lot* in DS's case.

"form B" of the WJ-IIII Achievement tests (apparently there are two versions so that a child can be tested more than once per year) and to have the second set of tests given with oral response.

I am so happy to know this is an option.

ERBs - our kids take the ERB through their private school, and it includes a combination of ability plus achievement.

Funny, ERB is not on the list of approved assessments. Probably because it's public school.

I think the important thing to do is to attempt to get yes accommodations similar to what he will be allowed to have at school - which yuan get for at least some tests. When our ds was given the CogAT through our school district he was given extended time and oral response accommodations.

That's amazing. Our district doesn't give any accommodations like extended time on standardized tests; they claim it invalidates the results. I will ask again.

considered learned ability tests with the same weight as innate ability tests - so in other words, a child who doesn't have qualifying scores on the WISC, WJ-III Cognitive Test, or the SB-5 can still qualify with scores on CogAT and other "learned" ability tests

We do need both IQ and achievement numbers, so this will be a fairly big run of testing.

also like the combo of WJ-III Cognitive with WJ-IIII Achievement testing because the subtest results can be combined in different ways to show strengths in many different ones of areas.... I just feel like I had more specific info from that combo of tests and that the challenge of fluency was minimized relative to the WISC because there were a larger set of subtests on the WJ-IIII.

Thanks so much, Polar! I will look closely at these.

DeeDee