Our ds' school has only made minimal attempts to integrate digital textbooks at this point with not so great results - mostly due to technical issues such as books not opening across multiple platforms, and there was also an initial concern by ds' teachers re quality of graphics. I can't say I have any opinions on that, since my ds has not yet actually been able to open a digital textbook at home where I could view any of the not-so-great graphics wink

One other thing I've noted with ds - his school does let the students read books on their iPads for literature studies, and it *might* be my imagination (but after several books I'm thinking it's not just my imagination!)... but I think my ds reads more slowly on his iPad than he does when reading from an actual old-fashioned book. He's a kid who reads really *really* fast - goes through books insanely quickly. I am not sure why it seems to go slower on the iPad, but I've watched him while he's reading - the issue isn't distraction or hanging out at youtube when mom's not paying attention - he just seems to read more slowly, even books he's really really into.

polarbear