Just wanted to share how dd12 is doing for any parents out there contemplating a skip. Dd12 skipped 6th, had a good year in 7th, and is set up for a good year this year as well. Academically she did great, still at the top of the class, Principal's Honor Roll, Writing Award, and Academic Excellence Award. She is moving up a level in math (still with 8th graders) and worked over the summer to fill in the gaps. (This was met with lots of tears, and "I'm not smart or I would understand this math immmediately" but she worked through it and feels confident now). Socially I am very proud of her. She has chosen a group of friends with common interests who seem like genuinely nice kids. She started a book club complete with 2 pages of guidelines (lol--clearly she takes after her type A father) and the girls seem excited about it. I know that the high school will be able to meet her needs academically--there is a fantastic International Spanish Academy that she will be applying to.

Just wanted to share, I know I agonized over the decision to skip, but in dd's case, it was absolutely the right move, academically and socially.