I only suggested that she could go out for dancing commercials, as something to look forward to when we moved. It was a tough year, losing her father, moving from NYC to Toronto.

Then an agent I contacted, (since I know nothing about how this works) suggested this very expensive acting camp, the only opening was the first week we were here. I asked her twice, before I signed her up. Are you sure you want this? This place was not cheap but I thought it would help her with the transition. The coaches were overwhelmed with her and referred her to the agents. You cannot see a top agent without a referral. And so the process of seeing agents. DH was in local theater and to me, that is a huge time investment. You are doing a show every night and rehearsals. TV is "in and out". We had friends that did the local theater programs in NYC and that was hugely time consuming, you don't do anything else. So I think your assumption is wrong, it is actually the opposite. They have a lot of Broadway shows here and it is big for children to get on them. I will not allow that. Late nights, time investment.

But since I have to go to these meetings and I have time. I came up with these ideas and now we are developing 2 shows. I just happen to know people who connected with a top producer here and he liked my ideas. It is very much up my alley in terms of creating the documents. They are different but I worked on Wall Street and wrote documents for investments, especially an IPO. So I am working on them, since I am missing DD terribly at sleepaway camp. The producer is working on a TV movie through September and then we take what I have created and go to the next level. I kind of like this for my own career change.

I am not expecting her to make a movie with Ben Affleck or do a Disney sitcom. And I am repeating the message that most kid actors phase out and using examples. The end goal is school and options. And we do this as long as it is fun. I knew a father in NYC who had his kids do commercials and broadway. I asked me when I first suggested it to DD. He said do it as long as it is fun. He says his kids love doing it.

In my opinion and experience community theater is time consuming.