We are dealing with a similar situation with DS 4.5 yrs old. He is entering pre-k this year and was tested last year and found to be reading and comprehending at a 5th grade level. He can do math around a 1st grade level. I have no idea what they are going to do with him at school this year. He also goes to a private school. We did share his IQ info with the school and the school were the ones that tested his reading level. They say they are going to do differentiation this school year for him but I'm not sure how that is going to work. We are thinking he may have to grade skip soon but right now the school doesn't want to do it.

I wish I had more info to give you. I just wanted to commiserate with you. I don't think you need to worry about what other students, parents or teachers think of you. Advocate however you need to for your child. We let the teacher take the lead last year and that was a big mistake. We wasted a lot of time because we didn't want to be pushy, obnoxious parents. Now I'm to the point I will start out pleasant but become as obnoxious (meaning lots of emails and drop ins at the school)as I need to in order to get what my child needs. Especially at a private school we are paying good money for. Best of luck to you! I hope your school year goes smoothly!