I'm going to dissent that a high IQ result in a very young child is "oftentimes more an indicator of exposure."

I agree that the result could be unreliable due to the sensitivities and unpredictable nature of very small kids during a test taking situation. There are probably elements of brain development that can change IQ over time.

It's very hard to suggest anything because of the "levels" of giftedness. Truly, it may depend upon how "gifted" your son is, his personality, emotional/social development, and his areas of pronounced strengths and weaknesses after those areas stabilize (brain development). We know an exceptionally gifted teen who opted for a high school with excellent sports. It's probably not his long term area of talent, but the kid loves sports.

Anecdotally, we saw *a lot* of change in my son between age four and age six related to better emotional control, changing interests and emergent abilities (especially after he became skilled at reading for enjoyment and information, and his fine motor skills developed). Flexibility is a great quality in whichever school you select.