Originally Posted by cym
Kriston,
If you like Animal Planet, you might invest in the BBC disc sets "Planet Earth" and "Blue Planet". I gave them to DS6 for Christmas and we savor watching them together--absolutely amazing.

Yes, and another one from Animal Planet that DD6 (& the rest of us) enjoyed was Prehistoric Park. We watched several of the episodes when they aired originally, then I recently bought the series for $24 or so from Barnes & Noble. For those who haven't seen it, it's kind of a cool concept. This guy Nigel "goes back in time" to save animals like the wooly mammoth and dinosaurs and brings them back to the present to a special zoo that they are building. The show talks about the time periods of the past and also teaches about the different creatures they are saving. The only thing is that it's set up as a reality show, so my DD3 was very confused at first. She thought perhaps we could really go and see a sabor tooth tiger!

Wren, DD3 also likes Peep, which is on after Magic School Bus where we live. It's kind of science based and narrated by Joan Cusak. Oh, and Super Why, too, on PBS.