DS signed up for Alcumus at the artofproblemsolving site. Apparently, it goes from Pre-algebra to Counting. I have some not so obvious questions. DS completed Pre-algebra in school last year. Is everyone supposed to start with pre-algebra anyhow as Alcumus isn't really a course per se but practice problems? DS selected a high difficulty rating on alcumus so that he can progress through the topics quicker as well as have more interesting problems. I am not sure if that is why his Pre-algebra problems are being credited in Algebra as well? DS claims that he didn't skip from Pre-algebra to Algebra and he has no reason to lie. However, he did admit to skipping to Counting at some point, which has some problems that are quite hard for him. I told him that he isn't suppose to do Counting until after Pre-algebra Algebra, Geometry and Number Theory as that is the highest level subject according to their sequence. On second thought, I wonder if perhaps I should tell him to go ahead and do Counting but reduce the difficulty level to average or even lower if he is interested. I am not trying to homeschool/accelerate him in Algebra as he will be studying that in the fall. Alcumus is just to provide him with some math problems over the summer if he is interested. Anyone with a working knowledge of Alcumus who wants to weigh in?