Originally Posted by master of none
Originally Posted by syoblrig
She went on to say that she couldn't guarantee our son's safety as a grade skipper.

How can principals say this? They don't have control of their own school? I understand that things happen that make school less than ideally safe, but really, the principal is aware of a safety problem and is helpless to deal with it? Even prison wardens can do better than that!
I had a conversation with DD's MS principal a few months ago about DDs accelerations.

For contrast, the principal brought up the things she'd want to put in place to ensure DD's safety for when she goes to the HS in 8th grade for math and science. She ticked off 3-4 things she'd want to consider (physical classroom setting, a teacher who understands and respects kids like DD, a hand-picked student esc*rt through the building, and something else I'm not remembering). This is something that will happen 3 years from now.

Last edited by geofizz; 07/01/13 10:37 AM. Reason: esc-ort marked as SPAM. Really, this is just a person to walk her from room to room