Having worked in retail, then construction, and now as a realtor, within each industry the same issues exist. I am sure that if we look a little deeper in history, the same problems exist. Some may believe that placing government in charge will correct this, unions in charge will correct it, or the industry itself in charge will correct it. These are issues of individual choices no matter what the institution is; it boils down to personal morels and the accountability to others. I believe that systems that promote personal responsibility, with individual accountability work best. No system is perfect, but if you build the system that rewards good behavior (Choices) and dissuades bad behavior, over time this system should last. Systems that reward individuals work best, some have a Pollyanna view that we will make choices for the group over our own individual needs or wants, as much as I would like to believe this, (and try to live it) it’s not the way people behave now or anytime in the past. Self-interests are much of what governs our choices, systems that recognize this will have better results overall. That's my 2 cents.

Last edited by Edwin; 06/28/13 11:07 AM.