From my perspective I think transitioning at gr2 or later into public primary, when most kids are reading, have figured out school, etc, would be easier for my DD than going from our Monti preschool into K. Particularly if an acceleration is involved. I think taking a not quite 5yr old from a preschool that lets her stretch her wings to a K classroom dominated by kids radically behind her skills (both skills about being in a classroom and academic skills) is going to be really stressful for her. For that reason we may end up sending her to the nearest Monti school for a couple of years to get through the early primary years and doing some compaction along the way. But I was not as keen on that Monti preschool/school as the preschool only Monti that we chose (for their flexibility and openness to gifted). Our local public does a lot of composite classes. If they are running a K/1 class in her first year of school and agree to put her straight into yr1 in a K/1 (where they are still teaching the "being at this school" stuff), then we may go straight to public primary. But we won't know that until a couple of months before she's due to start.... On the upside the school have skipped my middle child once and are open to the idea she'll need another, so it's not a complete pipe dream to think they might let #3 go straight into first (though I doubt they would do it without a composite class to ease the skip).