Originally Posted by squirt
I'm wondering if we should just go to the principal and say, "here is where he is, what can you do to help him?".

Before you do that you might want to have some of your own ideas, I think. Do you want to skip him to 3rd? The TAKS isn't until the end of the year, and if he needs a skip because of his achievement level maybe taking it a year earlier would be ok. Would you rather ask for subject acceleration? Are you looking for placement with a particular teacher? Is there anything that you can think of that would help him?

I guess whether you went straight to the principal with the scores would depend on what you know about the principal. Some principals are not that educated about scores and their meaning, and others are very well educated. My mom is a school counselor, so I guess I'm inclined to always start with the counselor. But I've already learned in my 1 year of experience in public school that not all counselors match my mom in experience, attitude, and wisdom. smile It's too bad!

I do think you need some sort of starting point for accomodation, though, instead of just leaving it up to them from the beginning. When I've read about advocacy successes on this forum it seems that the people have gone in with a list. By the way, what is the test that he would take to skip? Did they tell you?

I hope this helps a little, Squirt! You know I'm here for ya!