You're extrapolating costs, HK. My point was one of perspective. At the current time, college and preschool can be about the same price. Yet in my experience, paying for college is made out to be much more daunting. We have federal loans, 529 plans, etc. to help pay for college. People are expected to save their pennies in the hopes of one day being able to help their kids go to college. I was quite surprised when I realized that I was already paying something similar to college education costs, and I was doing it without saving, and with little forethought. Of course that's not the case for everyone, but I'm not rich. I suppose I'm getting close by some definitions, but those definitions don't take location into account. I'm also not much of a spender. I tend to value money the way my parents taught me to ... and we weren't well off.

At any rate, I'm not sure if VA Tech has a summer program or what it would cost, but that would be something to consider for the PG preschooler ready for college wink