So in the next few weeks I will be meeting with the administration at my son's school. We will be discussing what he needs for next year and how it can be implemented. It's a small school with an eager to please administration. The staff is young and inexperienced and ignorant about the needs of HG+ children. My sense is that I can ask for a lot and maybe we can even receive a lot of accommodations. We live in a state with zero mandates....the school doesn't have to provide a thing. But because it is relatively new and trying to build a reputation, they really do strive to meet children where they are at. Anyway, what should I ask for? DS will be accelerated in some areas. In the other areas he will stay with grade level. A psychologist has recommended that DS has access to an educator of the profoundly gifted. I don't think the school has the resources to hire someone just for DS. Do I offer to pay for a mentor or tutor? What kinds of accommodations would you ask for? Think of your fantasy in this situation and share it! I need ideas beyond my own.