So for years dd6 has, well not stuttered but had a hard time getting her words out while talking...example...she will be telling a story about going to the park, it comes out like this..

When we were getting getting getting in the the car, Lillllllly dropped her uh her her her favorite yellow ball ball and and it rolled down the the the hill and we we had to cha chase after it.

Her doctors, friends, other adults have all commented on it and some have said they thought her brain works to fast for her mouth.....but I get it now!

I was reading The Mislabled Child- and it was talking about strongly visual or visual spatial learner. DD has told me that she see's things that happened, or she reads, or learns about as a movie in her head. Well they write- "Verbal thinkers can directly express their thoughts in the form which they think them. Nonverbal thinkers must first translate mental images into words before they can express them."

This is what is happening. She is seeing what she wants to say in pictures and she is having to translate it into words. Wow. This has always bugged me, and been hard for me to understand what is going on. But this totally makes sense!!!!! I can't wait till Dh gets home tonight to tell him.

DD6- DYS
Homeschooling on a remote island at the edge of the world.