This made me laugh yesterday! My husband had actually never seen DS3.1 read, other than occasional word or two or couple home videos I made a while back. Last night the three of us were sitting in DS's room and I pulled out a new puzzle for him. He started putting it together and then went ahead and read the title "Gian Animal Floor Puzzle" and I could see the light in my husband's eyes! It was like "WOW! He really can read!". Of course, 10 minutes later, we were flipping through a new book DS got for his birthday and then he turned to the last page and attempted to read the abstract on the back. He did really good the first couple of sentences, just mumbling or skipping the words he didn't know and then just got lost and gave up at which point my husband says ... "see, he doesn't really know how to read". And I was just thinking to myself "did you actually expect him to read at an ADULT level? Because that's the level the text was written in!" ... he did really good ... considering ... smile

Last edited by Mk13; 05/06/13 02:51 PM.