Hey,
I�ve been following along here and have picked up my copy of the book to determine if I could part with it for $75. I decided no.

A chapter that I reviewed emphasized that VSL do better on more complex tests than the easier ones. I think this is true in my daughter�s case. She did much better on the Explore test she took this March than she did on the ITBS last fall. The part that really stood out on the ITBS was her low score for ending punctuation and capitalization. She doesn�t have a problem with these areas IRL, but for some reason got most wrong on the easy ITBS. However, she landed at the 98th percentile for English on the Explore test.

Their school used to give the Terra-Nova which I believe has more above level questions than the ITBS.

Originally Posted by Kriston
So if a child is good at puzzles and mazes and all things VSL, but he's also an early reader who has a vocabulary bigger than some college students, he might not be VSL so much as he is HG+ and able to learn easily just about any which way.

That child might be both VSL and HG+. My daughter was also an early reader and had very high Verbal scores early on.